What is a Failover?
A Failover is a backup option wherein we setup rules on how incoming calls will be handled when your phone system becomes unavailable (e.g Power failure, internet connection issue, scheduled maintenance).
First, you need to login to your Gridare Client Portal (https://my.gridare.com/)
- Log in using your Account ID: e.g. G12345 & the password sent to you by Gridare (which you can see from the Gridare Welcome Email)
In the Manage Phone System tab, click on the Groups dropdown menu. Select the Phone number where you want to setup the failover option with.
In the example below, the Phone number is 0212345678 which is represented by Group DID61212345678.
Sending Calls to a Mobile Phone
The most common Failover option is sending all calls to a mobile phone during system failure.
Important: If you do not have internet access and is unable to log-in to Gridare Client Portal, please have the authorized person contact our support team at 0280903400. If you can access the internet, you may proceed with the steps below.
- Let us review the vPBX Actions under DID 61212345678 in the example below.
The system will follow the call flow based on the rows entered in the vPBX Actions page. It will start from the top and then goes down row by row.
The first row is set to ring all the phone extensions within 25 seconds. However, if your phone system is down (e.g technical issue, power outage, internet outage) your phone extensions will also be unavailable, the system will then automatically bypass the first row.
After bypassing the first row, it will move to the next one which is voicemail. This means that if your phones are down, all calls will go straight to voicemail. This is the type of scenarios where you will need to set-up a failover option. Instead of the calls going to voicemail, you can divert them to a mobile phone so you can still take calls coming from your clients.
- To divert the calls to your mobile, click on Add Row button. A new row will appear at the bottom.
- Left click and hold the new row then drag it just below your first row.
- Click on the Please Choose drop-down and select Dial
- Enter the mobile number in the box
Note: Format should be 614xxxxxxxx. You can also enter a landline number. Just drop 0 and replace with 61 (e.g 0288877755 becomes 61288877755)
- Click on the Save button to save your settings. Calls will now be diverted to your mobile number.
To Remove the Failover Option:
Once your business resumes normal operation, you can now remove the failover option.
Click on the drop-down menu and select Delete.
The row will now be deleted. Click on the Save button to save your settings.