You can fix the audio quality on NCH Express Talk by doing the following:
- Open NCH Express Talk and click on Options
- In Options; click on Audio
- Make sure that the Sound Input Device is not using the Default Sound In; it should be using Microphone (e.g. Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio)
- Make sure that the Sound Input Channel is using Master Volume
- There are times that it works well will your headset if Use Echo Cancellation is enabled; check which one works for you; enabled or disabled
- Make sure that the Sound Output Device is not using the Default Playback Device; it should be using Speakers (e.g. Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio)
- Press OK to save the settings; these will ensure that the audio settings on NCH Express Talk are properly set
- To ensure that you have the correct audio settings on your computer; right click on the Volume Control of your Windows Taskbar
- Click on Recording Devices
- Right click on Microphone (e.g. Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio) and choose Set as Default Device
- If you are using your webcams microphone; Right click on it and choose Disable
NOTE: It needs to be disabled because it picks up noises on a wide range scale that makes the audio input susceptible to external noises.
- Click on Microphone (e.g. Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio) and then click on Properties
- Go to Levels and adjust the volume of your microphone according to your preference
- Go to Enhancements and make sure that DC Offset Cancellation, Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation are all ticked or checked
- Click on OK to save the settings of your Microphone Properties
- Go to Communications and choose Mute All Other Sounds
- Click on OK to save the settings of your Sound Properties
NOTE: If audio quality did not improve after doing the steps above; make sure you close NCH Express Talk and re-launch it or restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
RELATED LINKS (6 RESULTS): FAQ - Soft Phones
REMINDER: You can also download the attached PDF version of this tutorial.