You can fix the audio quality on X-Lite by doing the following:
- Open X-Lite and click on Softphone
- In Softphone; click on Preferences
- Go to Devices to check the audio settings for X-Lite
- Make sure that Zero-touch device configuration, Automatic gain control and Reduce background noise are all ticked or checked
- Under Headset Mode, Make sure that the Speaker is not using the default settings; it should be using Speakers (e.g. Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio)
- Under Headset Mode, Make sure that the Microphone is not using the default settings; it should be using Microphone (e.g. Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio)
- Press OK to save the settings; these will ensure that the audio settings on X-Lite are properly set
- To ensure that you have the correct audio settings on your computer; right click on the Volume Control of your Windows Taskbar
- Click on Recording Devices
- Right click on Microphone (e.g. Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio) and choose Set as Default Device
- If you are using your webcams microphone; Right click on it and choose Disable
NOTE: It needs to be disabled because it picks up noises on a wide range scale that makes the audio input susceptible to external noises.
- Click on Microphone (e.g. Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio) and then click on Properties
- Go to Levels and adjust the volume of your microphone according to your preference
- Go to Enhancements and make sure that DC Offset Cancellation, Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation are all ticked or checked
- Click on OK to save the settings of your Microphone Properties
- Go to Communications and choose Mute All Other Sounds
- Click on OK to save the settings of your Sound Properties
NOTE: If audio quality did not improve after doing the steps above; make sure you close X-Lite and re-launch it or restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
RELATED LINKS (6 RESULTS): FAQ - Soft Phones
REMINDER: You can also download the attached PDF version of this tutorial.